The Dartmouth Institute Microsystem and Coaching Retreat: October 10-11th, 2013.
AIM: Convene microsystem "coaches" who have actively engaged in the development of interdisciplinary health care professionals at the front line to be able to provide care and services and continuously improve. Advace the "art and science" of coaching health care improvement in daily health care delivery systems to result in improved outcomes for patients, families, professionals and health systems.
At the end of this course, you will have:
- Built a collaborative coaching network to encourage, support and celebrate coaches and their efforts to improve health care.
- Shared new knowledge, processes and tools to continue to develop as a vibrant member of the coaching community.
Jody Hoffer Gittell, PhD, MA - Key Note Speaker
- High Performance Healthcare: Using the Power of Relationships to Achieve Quality, Efficiency and Resilience.
- Up in the Air: How the Airlines Can Improve Performance by Engaging Their Employees
- The Southwest Airlines Way: Using the Power of Relationships to Achieve High Performance
October 10, 2013 - 4:00 to 8:30 PM
4:00 PM Registration
5:00 PM Coaching Poster Session/Microsystem Internet Overview**
- Helena Hvitfeldt Forsberg
6:30 PM Dinner and Discussion
7:30 PM The Art of Coaching: Reflection across Cultures
- Helena Hvitfeldt Forsberg, MSc, Marjorie M. Godfrey, RN, MS & Kathleen Iannacchino, RN, MS
8:30 PM Adjourn
October 11, 2013 - 8:00AM to 5:00 PM
8:00 AM Welcome
8:15 AM The Coaching Model & Coaching Papers
- Majorie M. Godfrey, RN, MS
8:45 AM Coaching Interactive Story Telling and Case Studies
- Helena Hvitfeldt Forsberg, MSc & Marjorie M. Godfrey, RN, MS
9:15 AM Break
9:30 AM Relational Coordination and Coaching
10:30 AM Technical Track of Coaching (Time Travel)
10:45 AM Improvement Tracker
- Katie Testa, RN, MPH
BaseCamp, SharePoint & Survey Monkey
- Patti Feeney
Relational Coordination Tools
12:00 PM Lunch with a Purpose..."What about you?"
- Helena Hvitfledt Forsberg, MSc
1:15 PM Coaching Teams through the 5Ps
- Dotty Bazos, RN, MS, PhD
- Lea Ayers LaFavre
2:30 PM Break
2:45 PM Patient and Families- World Class Practices and Innovation
- Helena Hvitfeldt Forsberg, Msc, Kathleen Iannacchino, RN, MS & Jonathan Huntington, MD, PhD
4:00 PM Credentials and Coaching Evaluation (reflective best practice)
- Marjorie M. Godfrey, RN, MS
4:20 PM Summarize & Review flipchart ideas
4:30 PM AdjournRegister for the Microsystem and Coaching Retreat
- The Coach Retreat & Reunion conference is October 10 & 11, 2013, at the Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT. Space is limited.
- The retreat will take place from 4pm October 10th to October 11th at 4:30pm.
- Executive Assistant
- The Dartmouth Institute
- Center for Leadership & Improvement
- 30 Lafayette Street
- Lebanon, NH 03766
- Phone: (603) 653-3278
- Fax: (603) 653-3201
We invite you to bring a poster to showcase the following:
- Coaching programs you are part of including developing coaching, coaching networks and other coaching aspects.
- Process, outcomes and lessons learned through coaching an interdisciplinary improvement group.
We also encourage you to bring tools, processes and other "tools of the trade" that have supported your coaching!
If you plan to bring a poster please contact Lillian.Emerson@dartmouth.edu.