Finding time to improve care can be difficult, but the only way to improve and maintain quality, safety, efficiency and flexibility is by blending analysis, change, measuring and redesigning into the regular patterns and the daily habits of front-line clinicians and staff. Absent the intelligent and dedicated improvement work by all staff in all units, the quality, efficiency and pride in work will not be made nor sustained.
The workbooks provide tools and methods that busy clinical teams can use to improve the quality and value of patient care as well as the work-life of all staff who contribute to patient care. These methods can be adapted to a wide variety of clinical settings, large and small, urban and rural, community-based and academic.
Choose from the Greenbooks below to meet your needs. For your convenience, each of the books have been converted to MS Word format to allow you to customize them.
- Emergency Department
- Long Term Care
- Outpatient Primary Care
- Outpatient Speciality Care
- NICU Greenbook
Microsystems At A Glance developed BY Microsystem Members FOR Microsystem Members
A primer for microsystems
The aim of "Microsystems At A Glance" is to introduce and attract new colleagues to the developmental journey of Microsystems toward transformation by providing an overview and quick introduction to the body of knowledge, various tools and processes to make it easier for you to join in how we are improving care and the workplace we work in. The transformation will result in your being able to "provide exceptional care AND continuously improve your care delivery system."
Two versions to select from:
- The PDF Version allows you to print a "booklet" version that when you print the document front and back as designed, you can then assemble the pages, fold in half and have a Microsystems At A Glance Booklet.
- The Word version allows you to print full pages.
- Cystic Fibrosis submitted by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Contact Kathryn Sabadosa
- Improving care for CF related Diabetes (CFRD) Compendium
- Home Health submitted by Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY). Contact AnnMarie Hess
- Pharmacy submitted by Outpatient Pharmacy at UC Davis Medical Center. Contact William Callan
- Eye Care submitted by Cool Springs Eye Care. Contact Jeff Kegarise